Retiring is often considered to be the final chapter of your life – when in reality it could prove to be the start of truly living.
Here are five things that you need to consider
1. Make sure your pension fund is suitably invested
- If you are many years away from retiring, you might be prepared to take a greater level of risk.
- If you are approaching retirement, it could be advisable to reduce the level of risk your pension is exposed to.
2. Consider and review any ‘frozen’ pension pots
3. Think about what you want to do in retirement
If you haven’t already, you need to seriously consider what you want out of retirement and whether you can realistically fulfil your aspirations