When you access or use this Retiresavvy website Skipton Building Society will collect personal data about you.Skipton Building Society is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal data secure. This Privacy Notice details the types of personal data we collect either from you or from others, what we do with it, who we share it with, how long we keep it and your rights.This notice does not extend to any external websites you may access from this site – this includes sites that are available from other members of the Skipton Building Society Group. Other organisations will inform you how they use your personal data. When we refer to ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ in this Privacy Notice we mean Skipton Building Society which for Data Protection Purposes is the Data Controller.
Personal data we collect about you, how we use it and who we share it with
When you access this website we will collect:
- IP and/or MAC address to manage your experience with us.
- Social Media urls if you have them to understand your needs and communicate with you if you choose to follow us.
If you register to use this website, make a comment (you will also need to register to do this), or make an enquiry we will collect:
- Your contact details including name, telephone no. and email address. We will use these details to provide you with information or services specifically requested by you, to communicate with you, deal with your request, send you emails about new or interesting content available if you have agreed to this and for internal administration purposes.
- Telephone, voice recordings and electronic communications to provide a record of the dealings and conversations you have with us, manage your experience with us, protect you and provide security, provide colleague training and to help improve the quality of our service. Calls and electronic communications may also be monitored for colleague training purposes.
- We will also use and keep personal data to meet regulatory requirements and for crime and fraud prevention purposes.
- Your registration information, other than your chosen username is kept private and cannot be seen by anyone other than yourself and our system administrators.
- You should never post personal information such as name, telephone number, financial information in any comment as this information may be viewed by anyone, anywhere in the world. Any comments containing personal information of this type or similar will be removed from the site by our moderators.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data for insert how long personal data is kept and to manage your registration, access and use of the service.
You have a right to:
- Be informed (this is the purpose of this Privacy Notice)
- Access the personal data we hold about you (please note this information is made available to you online when you log into the Retiresavvy website so will not be included in response to a wider Data Subject Access Request
- Have inaccurate or incomplete personal data corrected
- Request erasure of the personal data we hold about you
- Restrict the collection, use, sharing and retention of your personal data
- Object to the collection, use, sharing and retention of your personal data
- Complain to the Information Commissioner Office if you have any concerns about how we collect, use, share or keep your personal data by contacting them at Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, tel. 0303 123 1113, web: ico.org.uk
If you require any more details about how we collect, use, share and store your personal data, or about your rights and how to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Skipton Building Society, The Bailey, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1DN, email: email@example.com